On Monday 25th February 2013, CMF Executive members Hashim Bhatti and Rabia Bhatti attended the launch event for “MP of the Year 2013.” This new award was launched in association with Mosaic Associates, Three Faiths Forum and UpRising and was hosted by Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson.
The MP of the Year Award represents a unique opportunity for deprived and minority communities to acknowledge and reward the contributions made to their communities by Members of Parliament.
It was a great chance to listen to key leaders such as:
- Shabir Randeree CBE (Chair, Mosaic Associates)
- Simon Woolley (Founder, Operation Black Vote)
- Andrea Cooper (Director, UpRising)
- Daniella Shaw-Gabay (Policy and Public Affairs Manager, Three Faiths Forum)
- Neil Jameson (Executive Director, Citizens UK).
Key political figures attending the event included:
- The Rt Hon Keith Vaz (Chair, Home Affairs Committee)
- Alok Sharma MP (BAME Vice Chair, Conservative Party)
- The Rt Hon Alistair Carmichael MP (Chief Whip, Liberal Democrats)
- The political strategist Lynton Crosby AO.
Pictured left to right: Hashim Bhatti, Jonathan Freeman (National Director of Mosiac) and Alok Sharma MP.