The Conservative Party is a party for all parts of the country, and Muslims are now found everywhere in Britain. Accordingly setting up local branches is a key part of the Conservative Muslim Forum’s strategy.
On Saturday 19 October, we launched the Conservative Muslim Forum East Midlands Branch at a public meeting in Nottingham. The speakers at the event included:
- Hafiz Fazal Ahmed Qadri – Quran recital
- Cllr Halimah Khaled – Councillor for Toton & Chilwell Meadows on Broxtowe Borough Council
- Mohammed Amin – CMF Deputy Chairman
- Lord Sheikh – CMF Chairman
- Neville Baxter – President, Nottingham Conservatives
- Anna Soubry – MP for Broxtowe and Under Secretary of State for Defence
- Cllr Georgina Culley – Conservative Group Leader, Nottingham City Council
- Mr Maqsood – Vote of thanks
There was also a delightful meal after the speeches while people mingled.
The event was mentioned in the Nottinghamshire In Touch edition of November 2013.
While speaking Lord Sheikh turns and addresses the top table. From left to right: Councillor Khaled, Anna Soubry MP, Raja Najabat Hussain (member of the CMF Executive) and Neville Baxter.
In the group photo below, apart from the above top table speakers Mohammed Amin is third from the right and in front of him is Councillor Georgina Culley.